31 Weeks

For the first time this past week, when someone asked how I was feeling, my very first thought was "uncomfortable", rather than "great!". Papillon has found her way onto my sciatic nerve, which means from time to time (mostly when I am trying to get out of bed) I get a startling stab of pain in my lower back and right leg. Its really not that bad, just surprising, and can cause me to gasp and stumble when I am walking. When its bad, I find myself hobbling along with a slight limp.

Discomfort was bound to happen; and the fact that for the most part it waited until week 31 to show up is pretty fantastic. And despite the hobbling my inability to sleep through the night these days, I am still very much enjoying being pregnant. Her little kicks are still the most fun thing ever!


It was also this week that I realized how soon she is coming! 2 months is a significant amount of time I suppose, but between work, and an over committed social schedule, her arrival is seeming ridiculously close! I can't wait for her to arrive, but I don't feel prepared at all. So, for now, it is fine with me if she keeps hanging out inside me, even if she is sitting on a nerve.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry about the pain! I had that too with David.

I am so excited for you...the next couple of months will go by fast and then you get to meet your baby girl!!! Yay. I can't believe how time flies...our Liam is one month old tomorrow!

Eliz. K said...

I can't wait to see you!!!